Ir al contenido principal

5 & 6 Primary

Hello again for another week!!! I hope you have all enjoyed being able to go outside again, I know that I have enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine.

This week I want you to practice your speaking skills. First, write a short text (80 words approximately)  about a topic that is interesting. Maybe about your family, pets, friends, activities you have been doing at home during quarantine or something that is of interest to you.

Please feel free to send me your text in the comments below!!

Then, I want you to practice reading the text out loud to a family member or just in front of a mirror. Practice until you can say the entire text without reading. It might be a big challenge but the more you practice the easy it will become.

I look forward to reading some responses!!!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

3 & 4 Primary

3 & 4 Primary: This activity is a little different from normal but it should be just as fun. It's a listening activity about a letter to a friend. If the audio doesn't play on the page https://www.esl-lounge.com/student/listening/1L15-a-friend-visits.php If the audio doesn't play on the page, open this link   https://www.esl-lounge.com/student/listening/1L15-a-friend-visits.mp3 First, listen to the entire audio, just focus on listening. then listen to it again but this time read through the list as she speaks and choose "yes" for the places that she talks about OR "no" for the places that she does not talk about. You can listen to the audio a third time to double-check your answers before you  'mark answers' to see how many you got correct. For your second activity, listen to the text and practice reading out loud with the audio. https://eslyes.com/eslread/ss/s015.htm You can work on pronunciation and listening in this activity....

3 & 4 Primary

Hello again for another week. This week we will take a break from listening and look at some vocabulary. Give these games a go and see how much you know/remember from class. https://www.vocabulary.cl/Games/Days_Months_Seasons.htm https://www.vocabulary.cl/english-games/football-soccer.htm https://www.vocabulary.cl/english-games/weather-forecast.htm And to finish off with a game of hangman, I know how much you all enjoy this game so this is an online version. Pick which topic interests you!! Clothing:  https://www.vocabulary.cl/Hangman/Clothes.htm Family Members:  https://www.vocabulary.cl/Hangman/Family_Members.htm Fruits & Vegetables:  https://www.vocabulary.cl/Hangman/Fruit_Vegetables.htm Living Room:  https://www.vocabulary.cl/Hangman/Living_Room.htm

5 & 6 Primary

5 & 6 Primary:  This week I have a listening exercise quiz for you all to complete. First, listen to the audio once through, next, read through the 5 questions to familiarise yourself with the questions. Then you can listen to the audio again, this time try to select the correct answer for each question. Listen again once you have selected an answer for all 5 questions to check that you selected the correct answer. https://www.esl-lab.com/intermediate/school-supplies/ Once you have attempted the listening activity you can then attempt the vocabulary quizzes for more practice. https://www.esl-lab.com/quizzes/supplies-match.htm https://www.esl-lab.com/quizzes/supplies-mix.htm If you want an extra listening activity, try this topic too. https://www.esl-lab.com/easy/answering-machine/ This time listen to the audio again in 10-second increments and practise writing a dictation for the text on a separate notebook or piece of paper.  Check your answers with the trans...